Life is stressful enough for a person who has been diagnosed with cancer. At Oasis of Hope, we believe that finding out where to get the best medical care possible shouldn't add to that stress. Therefore we try to make learning all about our center as easy as possible, and becoming a patient here not just stress-free, but a positively enjoyable experience.
How to Begin
What to Expect
- During your consultation, your specific needs will be identified and you will be guided through all of the options that could benefit you. If you cannot travel for the first consultation, our Oncology Information Specialist will interview you by phone and then give this information to our oncologist.
- Next, our team will design a treatment program based on your individual needs. The program will be explained to you in detail.
- After this, we will go over your insurance or Medicare policy and a clear explanation of the costs will be provided.
- We will then schedule an admission date for you.
- As soon as you are admitted for treatment, you will begin the Oasis of Hope experience, which includes a comprehensive evaluation and review of your treatment program, a CT scan and lab work, advanced evidence-based treatment, healing foods, lifestyle education, counseling, spiritual support and uplifting activities. The program normally starts on a Monday and concludes on Friday.
- At the end of your program, you will receive a medical consultation during which your doctor will explain your home program, which includes nutraceuticals, supplements and medications that will prepare you for your next treatment.
- We will call you periodically to follow up with you and schedule your next treatment.
- Most programs include treatment at Oasis of Hope once every four to six weeks. The number of treatments varies from patient to patient.
Daily Bible Verse
Daily Health Tip
Your lifestyle determines whether or not you will get cancer more than if you have a cancer gene.